Inviting you to learn more about the FertilityCareTM Practitioner Program of Northeast Indiana.
The CREIGHTON MODEL FertilityCareTM Practitioner Program prepares students to teach the CREIGHTON MODEL FertilityCareTM System.Education Phase I (EPI)
An eight-day total emersion educational experience prepares the FertilityCare Practitioner Intern to teach the CREIGHTON MODEL FertilityCareTM System.
The curriculum consists of:
- history of natural means of birth regulation
- anatomy and physiology
- the hormones of the menstrual cycle
- psychodynamics of contraception and the CREIGHTON MODEL FertilityCareTM System
- human sexuality
- the beginnings of human life
- the effectiveness of natural and artificial methods of family planning.
The clinical group sessions train the Intern to teach the CREIGHTON MODEL FertilityCareTM System according to a standardized curriculum and includes basic chart reading and correcting, how to conduct the standardized Introductory Session and Follow-Up sessions, documentation and the Supervised Practicum I responsibilities.
During EPI the student is registered as a Student Member of the AAFCP.
An assessment at the end of EPI assures the competency of the student to begin teaching clients during their internship.
- Begins with the successful completion of EPI
- Ends with Education Phase II
During this Practicum, the Intern returns to their home and begins teaching the CREIGHTON MODEL FertilityCareTM System.
Every Practitioner Intern will be assigned a Faculty Supervisor who they will work closely with during their Practicum. The Supervisor provides the support and direction that a Practitioner Intern requires.
All books, charts, slides and teaching materials needed to teach will be provided.
Each intern will order approximately $475 of materials from Pope Paul VI-Publications Department to teach clients.
Each intern will teach a minimum of 6 client couples during this Practicum.
There are written and recorded assignments, and scheduled telephone calls with the Supervisor.
Following the successful completion of SPI, the intern is qualified to attend EPII.
This six day educational experience covers:
- advanced case management in infertility
- continuous mucus discharge
- unusual bleeding
- NaPro TECHNOLOGY
- Pregnancy Evaluations
- management of advanced behavioral issues
- advanced business aspects of managing a FertilityCareTM Center.
An oral exam at the end of EPII helps to prepare the intern for their second supervised practicum.
Supervised Practicum II begins with the successful completion of EPII and ends with the Final Exam.
During this time, the Intern will:
- teach an additional 12 clients
- submit assignments
- have monthly phone calls with their supervisor
- experience an On-Site Visit from their Supervisor
The On-Site Visit is a time when the faculty supervisor will go to the Intern’s home location and observe their teaching, review their files and conduct a comprehensive case review of all the Intern’s clients.
When all the requirements are complete the Intern will be given approval to take a national standardized Final Exam. This exam is proctored in the student’s home location and is offered four times a year.
Education Requirement Options
- Registered Nurses with current licenses
- Allied health professionals with a BA or BS degree in:
- behavioral sciences
- social sciences
- Associate degree/diploma in a related field, such as:
- licensed practical nurse
- human services practitioner
- the equivalent of two years of college study
- Other non-health fields are individually recognized
- Practice CREIGHTON MODEL FertilityCareTM System or
- Monitor their natural fertility and be a philosophical acceptor of the System if single and celibate
Paid to The Creighton Model Education Foundation, Inc.
- Due when applying $45
- Application fee $45
- Due upon acceptance $360
- Non-refundable deposit $100
- Book fee $260
- Books will be sent after payment is received
- Refundable (minus shipping fees) if books are returned completely unopened and undamaged upon cancellation before EPI.
- Due prior to EPI $3590
- Tuition $3,300
- Remaining book and material fee $290
- Total Cost: $3990
- Materials for 18 clients-approximately $475
- ordered from Pope Paul VI-Publications Department
- clients pay their Practitioner for these supplies
- Travel and hotel for student’s supervisor for one night during the On-Site Visit
- The On-Site visit occurs during the 2nd Practicum
- Driving mileage per IRS annual rate
- Interns must have access to a copy machine or scanner for assignments (a scanner app on the phone can suffice)
- Interns must have access to a computer and projector for the teaching requirement practicum.
Memberships and dues after completing the program
- Affiliation with the FCCA as an Associate Member of the AAFCP
- AAFCP Certification through the Academy
- Establish an FCCA certified FertilityCare Center
Advanced educational materials, books and study guides are sent to the student when they have been accepted into the program. It is recommended that this process begin as soon as possible to allow the student the time needed to prepare for EPI.
Registration for EPI is April 29, 2022.
EPI-Saturday, April 29 to Saturday, May 7, 2022
Registration for EPII is January 8, 2023.
EPII-Monday, January 8 to Saturday, January 14, 2023
Practitioner Training Held at St. Felix Friary (1280 Hitzfield St. Huntington, IN 46750)
Costs to audit the Education Program include $75 per day, $550.00 (book fee), and personal meal/travel expenses.
The facility has a full kitchen for cooking and storing perishable and nonperishable items. Private rooms are assigned to each attendee, bedding included. Shared bathroom facilities. Please bring a towel and personal toiletries.
The FertilityCareTM Practitioner Program of Northeast Indiana is accredited by the American Academy of FertilityCareTM Professionals (AAFCP) and abides by its Code of Ethics and Standards.